Monday, September 9, 2013

Test Ride 1 (July 2013)

Summer is flying by!   We have done a few modifications to the bikes and we are both eager to test them out.  The destination: some jeep trails near Rocky Mountain House, Alberta.
After a three hour ride through some light rain we reach the trail head.   Its the Monday of the long weekend, most people are heading home and we have the trail pretty much to ourselves.
I managed to get ourselves a little lost trying to find a particular trail, getting frustrated with our lack of progress I drove my bike straight into this mud hole without first testing how deep it was.   Whoops!
Without hesitation Trevor waded in to help push my bike out.  Cant say I would have done the same! Haha  I would have at least got a photo.  At this point I was dead in the water.... Literally.  The bike was stalled and I didnt dare turn it over.
We started removing parts in an attempt to drain some water.  At this point we realize how unprepared we are.  We only have the stock Suzuki tool kit!  Crap!    I drained a bunch of water from the air box and was concerned that the air filter was soaked.  The supplied Philips was too big.   Trevor's belt buckle ended up being the perfect size.  What are the chances.
We continued along until we came across this huge wash out.
We managed to skirt the outside edge.  Photos don't do it justice.
Its all part of the adventure
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment